Buildings Insurance

You are here:
< All Topics

The head landlord maintains insurance cover for the building, and the relevant proportion of the annual premium is charged through the service charge.

In the event of a claim, you are recommended to contact the Front Desk (Andrew and Dave) who will provide contact details for the insurer.

Be aware that there will be an excess, which you will have to meet.

Claims will broadly be made against the buildings insurance where items are fixed upon the property – e.g. kitchen units, sinks, baths and fitted cupboards. Carpets, curtains and contents etc should be covered under individual owners’ own contents insurance.